NETA-Certified personal trainer
HOME CITY: Huntsville, AL
Bachelor of Arts, Behavioral Science, May 1995; Minor in Elementary Education, December 1995.
King University, Bristol, TN
- Personal Trainer Certification, National Exercise Trainers Association®. (April 2013-present)
- TRX Suspension Training, TRX Suspension Training®, (March 2013-present)
- Group Exercise Instructor Certification, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America®. (September 1995-present)
- Les Mills BodyAttack®, Les Mills International (June 2011)
- Resist-A-Ballâ C.O.R.E. Level One Instructor Certification, Resist-A-Ballâ. (January 2004)
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR and AED, American Heart Association® (present certification: March 2015-March 2017
- HIIT Training (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Circuit Training
- Running Programs
- Sports Specific Training
- Small group, individual, and personal training
- Pre and Postnatal conditioning
- Goal Setting (establishment, planning, and implementation)
- Strength and cardiovascular training
- TRX (Total Body Resistance Exercise Training)
- All populations (beginners to athletes, children to seniors)
- Boston Marathon 2016
- Huntsville Track Club 2014 Outstanding Performance Award-Female
- Alabama 15K State Age Record 2014
- Fleet Feet Racing Team Member 2014-present
- Bristol TN/VA Rotary Club 2002 Outstanding Teacher of the Year
My fitness career began 22+ years ago in college. I took an aerobics class as a PE credit and the instructor of the class saw potential in me as a future instructor. Since that time, I have tried to look for this same potential in others, coaxing them to follow their strengths and passions. I taught group fitness classes for over a decade while teaching elementary school and continued while staying home raising young children. As my children grew to school age, I realized my passions were more in fitness than in the elementary classroom and I decided to pursue fitness as a career.
When teaching school, one thing that frustrated me was NOT being able to meet the needs of each individual in my classroom. The desire to meet the needs of individuals led me to personal training. I now work as a personal trainer, group fitness instructor, and coach. I work with individuals--of all ages and abilities--seeking guidance of raising their fitness level, meeting fitness goals, and learning how to make fitness a part of their lives. My fitness career is now all encompassing. I run a boot camp with a partner, train clients individually and in small groups, teach Homeschool PE, coach an elementary School Running Club as well as area volleyball leagues, and teach a large variety of group fitness classes. I have followed my passion and will continue to invest in my own education and do all I possibly can to better myself for the sake of others.
Personal Mission Statement
My greatest passion is meeting individuals' needs and moving each individual forward, setting realistic goals with individuals, and being the support each individual needs in successfully meeting these goals.
Rebecca in 10 seconds
- Goal Setter
- Team Player
- Loyal Friend